Alluring things to do around Austin this weekend
Are you looking for some adventure this weekend? Fun? Relaxation? Then check out the list of things to do around town!
- Ready, Set, Plant! Shoal at Pease Park (Feb 9 from 9am-12p) - Join TreeFolks for a planting at Shoal at Pease Park. We’ll be planting 1250 seedlings, so be ready to get your hands dirty! Ready, Set, Plant! is in partnership with the Community Tree Preservation, City of Austin Watershed Protection Department, and Keep Austin Beautiful. To learn more about the Watershed Protection Departments riparian restoration programs, click here. Are you interested in becoming a Creek- Adopter? Click here to be taken to the Keep Austin Beautiful Adopt-a-Creek program page. Thank you to the Urban Forest Grant for supporting this program as well. Learn more about what you can do with an Urban Forest Grant at http://www.austintexas.gov/ufgp. Follow #ATXUFGrant to see some of our photos from the events.
- DOGPOP Hosts Dog-Friendly Market at Birds Barbershop on South Congress (February 9, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm) - DOGPOP will bring its dog-friendly market and pup party to the parking lot of Birds Barbershop at 1902 South Congress in the heart of the South Austin. Highlights include a pet costume contest, dog play area, 20+ pet-industry and local maker vendors, drinks from Independence Brewery, local food trucks, and music by DJ Girlfriend. The event is free, with a suggested minimum donation of $5 to benefit the Forgotten Friends Rescue in Austin. For more details, visitwww.austindogpop.com.
- Frida Friday ATX: Frida & Friends (Feb. 9, 10a-2p) - Frida Friday ATX presents “Frida & Friends: Lovers Day Edition”. Gifts for bae, your gal pals and YOU – cuz obvi, treat yourself. We’ll have amazing food, mimosa bar in the courtyard, some special treats and some of our fave local friduchas.
- Brunch at The Hightower (Feb. 9, 11a-2:30p) - $8 build your own Bloody Mary bar included with a 7 oz miller high life Bar includes different hot sauces & pickled vegetables, bacon, beef jerky & cheese Mimosa are $3 and prickly pear mimosa for $4 Brunch hours are every Saturday and Sunday from 11 am to 2:30 pm.
- Scholz Garten's Sweetheart Makers Market (Feb. 9, 2p-8p) - Scholz Garten will be hosting a Valentine gift shopping event with local vendors, music provided by DJ Fontana, complimentary wine samples and a raffle for the chance to win a Valentine's Day dinner for two at Scholz. The event is free and open to the public, family-friendly and dog-friendly. Local vendors include: Fluri United Mana Culture Willigan's Island Rogue Warriers Soap Co. White Deer Apothocary Path to Ananda Botanicals Ana Aguilar Jewelry Dakini Studios Party Holster Yellow Elephant Clothing Company.
- Anuhea at The Parish (Feb. 9, 6:30p-10:30p) - Anuhea has shared the stage with Bruno Mars, Babyface, Al Green, FloRida, Hoobastank and Pepper. She and her band have toured Japan and Guam with the Armed Forces Entertainment Tour for the troops and their families. She had official showcases at South by Southwest (SXSW) music festival in Austin Texas in 2009 and 2010. Anuhea headlined the national 2010 Right Love Tour, and the 2010 Surf Roots Tour along with iTunes Best Reggae Album of the Year recipients, The Green.
- Valentine's Market at Sour Duck Market (Feb. 10, 3p-6p) - Join Sour Duck Market for the Sour Duck Valentine’s Market! In preparations for the holiday, come out and shop from 3 to 6 p.m. on Sunday, February 10 on the patio to find something for that special someone, or just spoil yourself! We are continuing to host local businesses who we look forward to working with and continue supporting.
- Twin Liquors French Wine Social (Feb 10 until 8:30p) - Join Twin Liquors for their special French Wine Social event to celebrate the February French Wine Sale! Receive 20% off when you purchase two or more bottles of French wine. During the free social, you’ll also be able to purchase tickets to UMLAUF’s Annual Garden Party at 30% off. Please send RSVPs to [email protected]. (At all Twin Liquors locations around town).
- Brunch at The Hightower (Feb. 10, 11a-2:30p) - $8 build your own Bloody Mary bar included with a 7 oz miller high life Bar includes different hot sauces & pickled vegetables, bacon, beef jerky & cheese Mimosa are $3 and prickly pear mimosa for $4 Brunch hours are every Saturday and Sunday from 11 am to 2:30 pm.