There are always plenty of fun things to do in this beautiful city of ours! Here is a short list of FREE things to do during Spring Break.
Live Music, Art and the Outdoor Life!
2. FREE live music and enjoy good food and drinks while watching your kids play on the playground at Central Market on North Lamar.
3. Cherrywood Coffeehouse offers FREE kids’ music on Sundays at 10 a.m. out on their patio!
4. The HOPE Outdoor Gallery is another FREE must-see when visiting Austin. Check it out soon before it moves to another location! (Be sure to look for our Allure Tag)
5. Mount Bonnell. Hike to the top to check out the views of our dear city down below.
6. Big Stacy Pool is FREE and open through April 9. Due to geothermal water flowing from an artesian well thousands of feet below its surface, it stays a balmy 80 degrees, so you can still swim even if the weather isn’t very warm yet!
7. Balcones District Park. Start at the playground and bring a picnic or some snacks to enjoy along the way!
8. Walnut Creek Park is easy to explore on a hike or great trail riding!
9. Bull Creek is another favorite hiking spot on warm days. Make sure to wear waterproof hiking shoes (and maybe even swimsuits).
10. Barton Creek Greenbelt is an Austin staple, and it’s easy to see why. Locals and tourists alike commune here to relax and hike and play in the water. It’s bound to be crazy crowded over spring break, so go early and beat the crowds!