What the heck is HONK!TX??
HONK!TX is a nonprofit, volunteer-led festival that brings brass bands from around the world to perform an array of genres in the public spaces of Austin. This year, there are 25 participating bands (2 international bands, 13 out-of-town bands, 10 local bands). It’s more than just a music festival — it is a celebration!
During HONK!TX, community street bands perform free concerts in locations throughout the city. This kid-friendly 3-day music fest features colorful costumes, joyous dancing, and hot tunes that you won’t want to miss! Mark your calendar for the 8th edition of HONK!TX happening April 6-8!
Over the three days, dozens of bands will play for the public in many locations in Austin. Click here to see the schedule.
• Friday, April 6 — Mueller Lake Park, 6-10 p.m.
• Saturday, April 7 — Adams Park, 12-7 p.m. (also in surrounding areas: Spiderhouse Cafe & Wheatsville Co-op)
• Sunday, April 8, Pan-Am Park, 12 – 5 p.m.
Take note that there are a few extra special events, too:
• Preschool of Honk at Adams-Hemphill Park — Saturday, April 7, 11:30 a.m.
• Wrap Party at Oasis Texas Brewing Company — Sunday, April 8, 7 p.m. – midnight
For the kiddos!
All toddlers love to whack pans or blow on a recorder, and HONK!TX is just the place for it. Join Ms Kat’s Music & Movement for an all-preschool jam session, complete with song singing and drum banging. Sign up by emailing [email protected]
Join the bands of HONK!TX to enjoy a sunset, a beer, and the end of another joyous festival (and more tunes)! After party sponsored by Dead Music Capital Band and Oasis Texas Brewing Company.
For all events, bring along a blanket or folding chairs, water, hats & sunscreen and settle in for a great time!